Our Spill Containment Specialist certification covers:
- The Interrelation of OSHA, EPA and DOT as They Apply to Spill Containment and Response
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan
- AST and UST Requirements
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- Monitoring and Best Management Practices
- Development of Associated Plans
- HAZMAT Emergency Response
- Response Levels and Training
- Confine Vs. Contain, Landborne Vs. Waterborne Spills
- Plugging, Patching and Other Spill Containment Methodologies
- Integrated Contingency Plan
- Incident Command System
Spill Containment Specialist (SCS)
There are a variety of regulations specifically designed to minimize the potential for HAZMAT spills and leaks, as well as other pollutants at a facility. This course will provide a student with the information needed to develop a comprehensive approach to spill containment in their workplace and comply with the regulations that govern spill containment. Engineering and administrative controls (BMPs) will be discussed to meet oil storage (SPCC) and chemical storage (ERP), as well as stormwater runoff. Each of these standards has plan and program requirements that will be discussed in detail. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 16 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able implement a comprehensive spill response program to meet the requirements of EPA, OSHA, DOT and others. This includes, but is not limited to, SPCC, ERP, SWP3 mandates. Knowledge of proper inspection of facility and practical applications as to proper response in the case of a spill, leak or other type of pollutant discharge, as well as proper reporting requirements to the various governmental entities, will be gained.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam at the end of the course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have three opportunities to pass the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $150.